Dr. Sabir Hussain
Dr. Md. Sabir Hussain
M.T.A, FDP at ICIMOD, Kathmandu, ASCI, Hyderabad and CNU, Singapore
Background & Experience
Having more than 16 years Teaching & Research experience with Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management, Gwalior and Bhubaneswar. Prior to academics obtained vital exposure with American Express travel Related Service as a Tour Executive and also worked as a licensed Govt.of India, Regional Guide for Eastern India. A distinction holder in Air Cargo Management from Air India Staff College Mumbai. Holding a certificate diploma in French Language, Computer Application, Design of Training, Development of Training skill and Tourist and Visitor interpretation. Played an active role for the designing of Interpretation Centre at Bhitarkanika National Park and Chilka Wildlife Sanctuary. University rank holder during Post-graduation, Extensive research experience in Wildlife and Eco-tourism.
Areas of Interest & Teaching
Research Interest: Wildlife, Eco and Sustainable Tourism, Nature and Heritage Interpretation and Environmental Impact Assessment.
Teaching Interest: Travel Agency Management, Tour operation Management, Cargo Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Tourism Impact, Tour guiding and Interpretation, Air Cargo Management, Dangerous Goods Regulation,EXIM Documentation.
SEMINARS/CONFERENCES/ WORKSHOPS PARTICIPATED AND ATTENDED
Major National and International Conference/Seminar Attended
- Participated in the APETIT International Conference held at Khajuraho India
- Attended the International Workshop on “Sustainable Development of Chilika Lake” conducted by Chilika Development Authority, Bhubaneswar.
- International Conference on “Management beyond the Boundaries” organized by Regional College of Management.
- Successfully participated in a Training programme on “Tourist and Visitors Interpretation” by IITTM, Gwalior in collaboration with Oxford Brooks University, Britain.
- Attended the Asian Wetland Symposium-2005 at Bhubaneswar in February 2005, Conducted by Chilika development Authority.
- Participated in International Workshop on the Formulation of Restoration Strategies for Chilika Lagoon, Orissa, Organized by Wetland International-South Asia.
- An international Conference on “Innovation in Tourism: Competitiveness and Sustainability” was organized by IITTM
- Attended the conference on “Special Interest Tourism : An Indian Imperative” conducted by IITTM, Bhubaneswar
- Participated in National Seminar on “Economic Reforms and Indian Tourism Sector” conducted by IITTM, Bhubaneswar.
- National Seminar on “Technology and Tourism” organized by Utkal University of Culture.
- Completed Two UGC Sponsored Refresher Courses in Travel and Tourism.
- Successfully completed a Training Programme on “Direct Trainers Skill” (DTS) by Department of Personnel and Training, Govt. of India
- Successfully completed a Training Programme on “Design of Training ” (DOT) by Department of Personnel and Training, Govt. of India
- Successfully completed AICTE sponsored Staff Development Programme on “Strategic Marketing and Sales: Creating Competitive advantage at Bhubaneswar.
- Attended the National Seminar on “Civic Governance and Marketing Destination Orissa” conducted by Hotel and Restaurant Association of Orissa in association with Orissa Tourism and IITTM.
- Attended the National Seminar on “Sustainable Tourism for Poverty Alleviation” conducted by IITTM at Gwalior.
RESEARCH PAPERS PUBLISHED/ACCEPTED/UNDER PROCESS:
Published a number of articles in various subjects notables among them are:
- Contributed a Paper in the book Innovation in Tourism: Competitiveness and Sustainability, published by ICFAI
- Sustainable Development of Chilika Lake, Orissa published by Chilika Development Authority.
- The Concept of Carrying Capacity & Sustainable Tourism - Published in “Bhramanika” a complete travel magazine
- Interpreting Nature - A holistic experience - This paper was published by Regional College of Management - Utkal University, Bhubaneswar on the occasion of a national seminar on “Changing Economic Scenario and Service Industry”
- Cultural Tourism Interpretation : An Indian Perspective published in the souvenir of conference on “Special Interest Tourism: An Indian Imperative”
- Presented a paper on Community Participation in Sustainable Development of Chilika Lagoon at Kathmandu, Nepal
- Tourism Legislation in India (Lead Paper for the preparation of draft of a central Act, on Tourism for the Ministry of Tourism) Govt. of India.
- Exploring New Tourism Product - Series - “Gonasika and Environs” - project proposal submitted to Govt. of Orissa.
- Comprehensive Management Development Plan for Chilika. This project proposal was prepared and submitted to Chilika Development Authority, Department of Forest and Environment, Orissa.
- Master Plan for Travel Circuits of Orissa - Scope of work was prepared and submitted to the Department of Tourism, Govt. of Orissa.