Master of Business Administration (International Business)
Offered at Gwalior and Bhubaneswar
This is a premium academic product of IITTM targeting value addition to tourism businesses targeting international tourism. The programme prepares level headed managers/ executives capable of
- Handling international tours;
- Handling international tourists visiting India; and,
- Raising tourism enterprises to cater to needs and expectations of international tourists visiting India.
The pedagogy envisages an activity based learning under the tutelage of industry leaders.
The prime objective with this programme is to develop a global way of thinking- a valuable asset and an important skill for all businesses today. IITTM’s MBA (ITB) programme is unique among international management programs because we focus on preparing our graduates to be global tour leaders who possess a deep knowledge of the intercultural sensitivities and skill to handle both out bound and inbound tourists.
The (MBA) ITB programme provides learners with international as well as general business skills, and an opportunity for hands on experience. With IITTM’s core competence in tourism and travel- the largest global industry today, we prepare learners for this. They will also be equipped with skills transferable to other sectors of global businesses.
Unique features of the Programme
The programme shall be delivered under close supervision of Industry partners.
Programme envisages students to travel extensively inside and outside of the country for training and practical exposure. Learners of this programme are expected to financially support these activities. Approximate expenses would be Rs. 1.00 lakh in addition to the regular fees for the programme.
- This is an intensive programme of study of two academic sessions.
- The programme shall be divided into four semesters and there shall be an examination at the end of each semester.
- Each semester shall comprise of credits equivalent to nine courses, each of three hours per week equivalent teaching obligation and equal amount of self study.
Graduates preferably with experience and interest in tourism
Candidates seeking admission to the MBA programme shall be required to possess a bachelor’s degree (10+2+3 pattern) in any discipline of a University or equivalent thereto.
Seats and Reservations
93 ( Un reserved -47; OBC- 25; SC-14; ST-07)
Practical exercises and trainings
With a company, preferably a consortia member. An essential part of training is accompanying an international tour as trainee tour manager.
IV Semester on-the-job training/exposure (some of the following)
- International study tour
- On-the-job- training: Includes working for the company. One component of the training would be to escort an inbound tour.
- Seminar on dissertation (essay).
- Training with industry partner
Specialisations to be Offered
International tourism/ corporate travel
- Travel documentation
- Intercultural Management
- Medical Tourism
- Business Travel and Tourism
- Educational Travel and Volunteer Tourism
- Strategy for Tourism
- FOREX Management
- Tourism Entrepreneurship
Admission to the programme shall be through an admission process of 100 points. A weight of 70% shall be for the performance in IITTM Admission Test. Another 15% points each are for Personal Interview (PI) and Group Discussion (GD) respectively.
IITTM accepts scores of CAT and MAT besides IITTM Admission Test
- First year fees Rs. 1,23,600
- Second year fees Rs. 1,22,500
- Other expenses Rs. 1,00,000 (Trainings)
- Dr. Saurabh Dixit, PhD
- Mr. Ramesh Devrath, MBA