1. Can you tell something about IITTM?
Ans. It is a premier centre of excellence for education, training and research in Tourism, Travel and Cargo sector, provides basic framework for investment in Human Resource Development. Established as a registered society under Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India, presently the centres of IITTM are located at Gwalior (Head Quarter), Bhubaneswar, NOIDA, Goa and Nellore.
2. When we have many tourism institutes in our country? Why students are more interested for IITTM?
Ans. Because it is the apex body of the Union Government in tourism and travel education, research, training and consultancy in the country. With well structured courses, excellent faculties and innovative programme, IITTM is definitely a priority for those seeking to pursue higher education in the field of tourism.
3. What are the teaching programmes offered at IITTM?
Ans. IITTM offers MBA (Tourism) programme under the specializations given as follows:
- Tourism & Travel (in Gwalior and Bhubaneswar)
- International Tourism (in Gwalior, NOIDA, Bhubaneswar and Goa)
- Tourism Services (Gwalior)
- Tourism & Leisure (NOIDA)
- Tourism & Cargo (Nellore)
And BBA (Tourism & Travel) programme from the session 2016-17, it is offered at Gwalior, NOIDA, Bhuabneswar and Nellore centers.
4. Are MBA (Tourism) & BBA (Tourism & Travel) programmes approved by UGC?
Ans. In the year 2015, IITTM is signed an MOU (academic collaboration) with IGNTU, Amarkantak (Central University), therefore, both the courses are UGC approved programmes.
5. What are the fees for the various programmes?
Ans. Fees for MBA (Tourism) programme (for two years) is Rs. 3,09,500/- and for BBA (Tourism & Travel) (for three years) is Rs. 2,54,500/-. The hostel and mess charges are excluded in these fee amounts.
6. Can fees be paid in installments?
Ans. No, annual fees must be paid at the time of admission.
7. What is the eligibility Criteria for MBA (Tourism) and BBA (Tourism & Travel) programmes?
Ans. For MBA (Tourism), the candidate should be a graduate in any discipline of a university and equivalent thereto with 50% marks (45% for SC / ST) while for BBA (Tourism & Travel), the candidate should pass 10+2 with 50% marks (45% for SC / ST).
8. Does IITTM have hostel facilities?
Ans. Yes, a modest hostel accommodation for both boys and girls is available on the campus. However, the capacity of these hostels is limited and the offer is made on the basis of merit. Some students may have to make their own arrangements for stay in adjoining residential colonies. One can find a good accommodation rather conveniently.
9. How do I apply?
Ans. Please download the application form from the website and send completed form along with a DD of required amount to Chairman-Admissions, Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management, Govindpuri, Gwalior (M.P) - 474011, India on or before the notified date.
10. I have appeared at CAT / MAT / CMAT / XAT / ATMA / GMAT Exam. Do I have to appear at IITTM Admission test (IAT)?
Ans. No, we accept either the CAT / MAT / CMAT / XAT / ATMA / GMAT scores or IAT score. But in case you would like to improve your chances you may appear at IAT. You may not pay additional test fees for that. Test date is notified in advance. For test date, students may contact Chairman Admissions, IITTM, Gwalior, Telephone - 0751-2437300.
11. Do reservations apply for admission to IITTM programmes?
Ans. Yes, as per rules of the central government / IGNTU.
12. Does IITTM undertake any research and training programs?
Ans. Yes, IITTM staffs are actively engaged in research, consultancies, executive training and other out reach activities.
13. Is there any "ragging" at IITTM?
Ans. No, it is banned. At most you may have a couple of friendly interactions with "seniors".
14. Is there prescribed uniform?
Ans. Yes, information can be collected from the Course Chairperson(s).
15. From which states do you have students in your course?
Ans. From almost all the states of India.
16. Do you offer any foreign language?
Ans. In International Tourism specialization, French is one module. Or else, IITTM Gwalior is offering short term foreign language courses from time to time. For more information, you can contact Nodal Officer, IITTM Gwalior at 07512437300.
17. What is your placement record?
Ans. With fast expansion of the tourism and travel industry and diversification of economy, MBA (Tourism) course offers many alterations in addition to proper tourism industry segments. These include MICE segment, theme parks management, events segment management, Hotel and Resorts Management, Travel writers and travel photographers, Tour guiding, Ground handlers at airports, travel BPO’s etc. There are adequate avenues for career mobility across the industry segments. IITTM has had an excellent placement record during the last few years. The complete list of the recruiters is displayed on the website, from time to time. For more details, kindly contact the Placement Officers of any IITTM centers.