Prof. (Dr.) Sandeep Kulshreshtha
Indian institute of Tourism and Travel Management
(An Autonomous Body under Ministry of Tourism, Government of India)
Centres: Gwalior, Bhubaneswar, Noida, Nellore, Goa & Bodh Gaya
President – Tourism and Hospitality Educators and Research Association of Asia (THERAA)
President – Indian Tourism and Hospitality Congress (ITHC)
Vice President - Commerce and Management Association of India (CMAI)
- Chairman, All India Board of Hospitality and Tourism Management, AICTE (Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India)
- Member, Executive Committee of All India Council of Technical Education (Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India)
- Visiting Professor: European University for Tourism, Milan, Italy; Taylors University, Kualalumpur; University of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Chairman, National Skills Qualifications Framework Committee, National Skill Development Agency (NSDA), Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Govt. of India.
- Expert Member-Community Colleges, University Grants Commission, New Delhi, India (2015).
- Member, Sectoral Mentor Councils for Travel, Tourism & Hospitality sector, Ministry of Labour and Employment (2014).
- Consultant J & K Tourism for the destination development & North East Development Finance Corporation Limited.
- Member, Sub Committee for finalizing National Vocation Educational Qualification framework for Hotel and Tourism Sector constituted by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government India through All India Council for Technical Education (2014).
- Visited 46 countries on Academic Assignments (Switzerland, England, China, Greece, Italy, Belgium, The Netherlands, Singapore, Macau, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Uzbekistan, UAE, Oman, Malaysia, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Fiji, Tehran, Indonesia, Philippines, etc.)
- Foreign Countries – Recently Delivered Keynote speeches/expert lectures at Tashkent University, Uzbekistan (Dec. 2015), European University of Tourism, Milan, Italy (Aug. 2015) Lyceum of the Philippines University, Philippines, Manila, Philippines (2015), Taylor’s University, Kuala Lampur, Malaysia (May, 2015), United Nations Symposium, Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran (October 2014), Institute of Tourism, Bali, Republic of Indonesia (June, 2014) University of Colombo, Sri Lanka (Oct. 2013); Waljat College, Oman; Skyline University, Sharjah (2013); Emirates Academy, Dubai; University of Waikato, New Zealand (2012) [India-New Zealand Business Forum] and Institute for Tourism and Management, Macau (2010).
- Certified Trainer of Asian Development Bank. Trainer for Tourist Guides Training sponsored by UNWTO and World Federation of Tourist Guide Association, Cyprus.
- Citation awarded by Union Minister of Water Resource, Shri Sawarmal Jat on 14th Feb. 2015 at University of Rajasthan, Jaipur for promotion of Tourism education and Training in India.
- Become full time Youngest Professor in Tourism (at the age of 34 years in 2003) in India.
- Thirteen research scholars have completed Ph.D. under the guidance.
- Five books & more than 45 papers have been published on different themes related to Management and Tourism.
- Master trainer for the immigration officers posted at various international airports in India (Bureau of Immigration, Ministry of Home Affairs).
- Chief Coordinator – Regional Level Guide Training Programme, Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India.
- Organized eight international conferences outside India as Organizing Secretary.
- More than 25 years of experience in Teaching and Research in Higher Education.
- Felicitated by Hon'ble Minister of State for Industry and Commerce Shri Jyotiraditya Scindia, Hon'ble Minister of State for HRD Mrs. D. Purendreswari and Central Minister of State for Urban Development Shri. Ajay Makan in 2009.
- Editor in Chief – International Journal of Tourism and Travel and Member Editorial Board of 5 International Journals.